Tips & advice
5 advice regarding your puppy
Advice N° 1 :
- Use childproof doors to maintain your puppy, in a well determined spot of your house. Indeed, it is difficult to protect your whole house for your dog.
Take off the electric cables and the objects on tob of the low tables, clear out any cleaning chemicals around your house, also remove your inside plants or any other object that could cause problems to your puppy.
Observe your environment with a dog’s eye, just to make sure that your animal is in a safe place. Anything could look organised to a human scale but take the time to observe your surroundings as if you were in your puppy’s shoes.
Advice N° 2 :
- Help Your new puppy to feel safe in its house avoiding the as much changes as possible.
Give it the food that it’s used to eat.
Let it sleep in a box where it’ll feel safe and protected.
It’ll miss its siblings, therefore, use dog toys and eventually a warm water bottle to mimic the presence of its family around.
Make sure that your dog has a toy to chew.
Advice N° 3 :
- Your puppy will most likely cry at night. You might want to reassure it, dont’t do it. We know how it feels when people hear these sad complaints coming from an adorable puppy. For its own well being, you must remain the same and not talk to the puppy nor recomfort your animal when it cries. If you happen to have any children, you also must tell them to do the same as you do. It can be hard, but don’t do it. If you do that, you would teach your dog that crying is a great manner to get what he wants. The dog will then do that for the rest of its existence.
Advice N° 4 :
- Find a vet for your new puppy :
Make an appointment to record / finish the vaccinations that your dog needs. Being up-to-date with vaccines and controls is not yet good for your dog's health, but it’s also good for you.
Advice N° 5 :
- It’s never soon enough to begin dog’s trainning !
Even if he's only a few months old, do not think that you must wait until your pet grows up to begin his education.
Teach him his own name early.
Also teach your dog when and where to the bathroom.
Pay attention to the puppy’s environnement. We’ll never insist enough on that. It literally exists certain things that could hurt your new companion, especially, leftover food, and pennies. Here are few ideas, to try at your puppy’s new house:
7 tips to train a dog
The dog is considered the best friend of the man. Indeed, over time, the dog has been the companion of the man. But more than a companion, the dog is intended for several functions: police dogs, guide dogs, sheepdog.
Whatever its breed and the main function it has, the dog deserves a quality training. You do not have to be a specialist to start training your dog. You can perform some activities that will teach your dog to behave.
Tip N°1: going to the toilets in the right place.
- A positive reinforcement system is what will work best to teach your dog to relieve itself in the right place. To use this method, give your dog a treat when it does it in the right place. If the correct behavior is followed by reinforcement, it will be easier for the dog to repeat this behavior.
Tip N°2: teach your dog not to CUT your garden.
- First, it must be understood that dogs are sociable animals. When they are or feel lonely, they dig to pass the time. Loneliness is not the only reason they dig; there are cases where they lack nutrients in their diet. To compensate for this lack, dogs often eat the soil they dig. If your dog tends to dig often, try to spend more time with it. It's also important to take it to the vet to check its health.
Tip N°3: rehersal is the key to success.
- When you want to teach your dog something - either a trick or a game or obey a command - rehersal is fundamental. Repetition and objectivity are the keys that will help your dog understand your command. To check if your dog has obeyed a command after a series of repetitions, try to remove reinforcement (or candy). Do it three times in a row to make sure it has really kept the command.
Tip N°4: communicating with Your Dog.
- When you are training your dog to follow a certain command or do a certain thing, saying the command alone is essential. You must teach your dog to perform the movement that has been commanded as correct as possible and help him do it when it does not do it properly. Be objective when you pronounce a command by teaching your dog to have a specific behavior. For example, if you are learning to not climb on people, you must resist the desire to play with him when he climbs on you, even if you are motivated to play with him at that time.
Tip N°5: when to train your dog.
- It's always better - and a specialist trainer will recommend it - to train a dog when he's still a puppy. That does not mean that adult dogs can not learn new tricks or adopt better behaviors. But the sooner you start, the better it is.
Tip N°6: show your dog that you are the leader.
- Dogs are gregarious animals. If they are wild, they gather in packs that are hierarchical. So when you train your dog, it's important that you leave very clear who the alpha dog is (the leader). Your dog must understand that he owes you submission. Avoid showing the slightest fear if it reacts at a given moment; maintain firmness. When your dog does its training exercises, never allow it to interrupt them in the middle. You must show it firmly that it must do what you (the alpha dog) wants it to do.
Tip N°7: chewing What's Needed.
- A puppy will nibble anything it finds. It's part of the normal development of all puppies, so give it things it can chew on, like toys or bones. I recommend leather bones found in pet stores. The real bones can, perhaps, break and get stuck in the animal's throat. If your dog tries to chew on you, moan loudly, cross your arms and ignore him for 10 minutes. When a puppy is assaulted by another puppy, it barks and ignores him.